09 April, 2014

Book Review - Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

gone-girl-high-res

Synopsis: Nick & Amy have been married for 5 years but on the morning of their wedding anniversary Amy goes missing, leaving a plethora of evidence to indicate that her disappearance is very much to do with her beloved husband, Nick, & unless the mystery of Amy's disappearance is solved, Nick is sure to meet a very nasty end at the hands of the law.

Review: It's been on the best seller lists for ages, but is Gone Girl actually any good? (I've been fooled by best sellers before, The Cuckoo's Calling, anyone?) In short, yes, it is very good. I don't usually read thrillers (I'm a bit of a wimp) but this was so compelling that I couldn't put it down. I loved that the narrative switched between Nick & Amy (neither of whom are reliable narrators - another thing I really loved). Before long you're caught up in a web of lies & deceit, not quite knowing who or what to believe. I have to admit that I was slightly disappointed by the ending of the novel, however I can see how Flynn came to the conclusion that she did.
All in all I would give Gone Girl 4s; it's a 'you need to read this because of it's wickedly clever narrators & then excitedly discuss with your friends over cocktails' kind of book.

Buy from Amazon

Have you read Gone Girl? What did you think? There's a film adaption coming out later this year, with Ben Affleck & Rosamund Pike playing the lead roles - personally, I think it's brilliant casting, but who would you like to see as Nick & Amy on the big screen?


Follow on Bloglovin

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Charlee has read 6 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide

1 comment:

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...