30 December, 2013

Monday Review: Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick


What Bare Minerals say...
Make an impact with Marvelous MoxieTM Lipstick. Creamy, super-saturated, ultra-pigmented colour glides on like butter for full coverage in a rich satin finish. Lips look fuller and more voluptuous. An infusion of minerals revitalises lips for a healthy-looking pout, while a moisture-loaded hydrating complex helps to nourish and condition with Abyssinian Oil and Omega Fatty Acids for supple, baby-soft smoothness. All the while, an encapsulated vitamin A, C and E complex helps to deliver antioxidant defense, so you're ready for anything - and everything. 
  • Creamy, super-saturated, ultra-pigmented full-coverage colour in a rich satin finish.
  • Lips look fuller and more voluptuous.
  • Infusion of vitamins and minerals to smooth and hydrate lips for a healthy-looking pout.


Real Results

  • 82% of women showed an improvement in the look of lip fullness after 48 hours.*
  • 97% of women experienced an improvement in lip hydration after 48 hours.*
* Based on an Independent US Clinical study of 35 women.


Price: £16 for 3.5g - buy here

Packaging: The packaging itself is really heavy (for a lipstick anyway!) It took me a few seconds to work out how to open it too, the little button on the side sort of releases the bullet from the lid. I liked this design feature as it's unlike other lipsticks I own.

Shade: I have the shade 'Be Free', described as a 'soft nude' which I'd totally agree with. It looks a little dark/orangey in the swatch but on the lips it's nude without making you look washed out - to quote the beauty blogger's handbook, it's a 'your lips but better' colour. 

Does it do what it claims? I actually didn't realise it was meant to make your lips fuller & I didn't notice any difference, however it is very hydrating (kind of like a thick lip balm) so I would say it certainly helped my 'lip's hydration'. The formula is buttery & the colour is very pigmented.

Staying Power: As it's very hydrating/moisturising it doesn't have great staying power. I was probably reapplying this every few hours, more if I'd eaten or drank something. However this really didn't bother me as I was using it instead of a lip balm.

Overall...
I would give this lipstick - a little pricey but an amazing colour & very nourishing
The perfect nude for my light skin/brunette complexion.

Have you tried this or any of Bare Minerals other lip products? What did you think?



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...