04 November, 2013

Monday Review: MAC Face & Body Foundation

This week I'm reviewing another foundation (does anyone else love buying new foundations? Please say I'm not the only one!) The product in question is MAC's Face & Body, £21.50 for 50ml, in shade C1.

mystringaling mon review f&b

What MAC say...
A fluid foundation that provides low-to-medium buildable coverage and a flawless, natural satin-shine finish. Skin conditioning, water-resistant and long-wearing. Now available in two sizes, including the new 50ml. 

mystringaling f&b col

Results...
A few things intrigued me about Face & Body -- the coverage, light-medium & fairly sheer; the size, available in 50ml (20ml bigger than the average foundation) + it's also available in a whopping 120ml; & finally the price, for the amount of product you're getting it's a snip compared to other high-end foundations which are closer to the £30 mark.

I'd read a few reviews of how's best to apply F&B & I'm glad I did; the consistency & texture is like no other foundation I've ever tried. Straight from the bottle it's very runny & watery. You can apply the foundation to your face straight from the bottle like this, slowly building layers & therefore building coverage, however you can also rub the foundation until it turns slightly sticky & the coverage is doubled or tripled. Doing this feels counterintuitive, really rubbing it in over areas where you require extra coverage shouldn't work but it does. I find it best to apply this with my fingers, however due to the consistency it can get a bit messy. The finish it slightly dewy, which I love, however if you're not a fan, a bit of powder gets rid of any shine. The shade is a brilliant match, like Chanel Vitalumiere, the foundation can be buffed out along your jawline so that the colour blends seamlessly. I was quite confused by MAC's shade range, as their cool & neutral shades are opposite to most other brand's labelling systems. The shade I bought, C1, is slightly yellow-toned however when I was colour matched the MUA said I could also get away with the opposite shade, N1, which is slightly pink-toned.

Overall...
I would give this foundation 
Whilst I wasn't sure at first, I've grown to really love it. Due to the texture it does take a week or two to feel completely comfortable using it but the coverage is brilliant, it lasts a good 8 hours easily & can also be used on other parts of your body/neck (hence Face & Body), this is brilliant if, like me, your neck is a bit paler than your face & chest. 

Have you tried Face & Body? What did you think? This is the first MAC foundation I've ever used, how do you think it compares to their other foundations? 
I'd love to hear your thoughts!

MYSTRINGALING X

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. This product has always intrigued me and the only MAC foundation that I'm quite interested in trying xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say definitely give it a go, I've been really impressed :) XX

      Delete
  2. I bought this foundation a while a go and I absolutely loved it! Unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones as it broke me out :( gah! xx

    Abby | Beauty and a Blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I did wonder whether that might be the case with it being waterproof, I'm not sure how your skin's meant to still be able to breathe? What a shame :( Have you tried any other MAC foundations? XX

      Delete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...