18 November, 2013

Monday Review: Elf Baked Bronzer & Elf Warm Bronzer

Skin feeling a little dull during these dark days? Yep, mine too hence why I've decided to stock up on some new bronzers in the hope that they will brighten both my day and my face. The two up for review are both by Elf; first, their Baked Bronzer in 'Maui' £3.75 for 6g, and second, their Warm Bronzer, £3.75 for 12.3g.

First up: Baked Bronzer in 'Maui'

mon rev elf

What Elf say...
Create a healthy, shimmering sun-kissed look with our Baked Bronzers. Baked in an oven, these bronzers offer rich pigmentation for a beautiful effect. Using a brush, apply dry on the areas of the face where the sun would naturally hit for a subtle wash of colour. Or dampen a brush and blend in for a more vibrant effect. Build colour for desired look.

Results...
I've used this bronzer every day since buying it, I absolutely love it. The colour payoff is good without giving too much colour, so your face doesn't look muddy/dirty. The colour is also really buildable so if you do want a bit more bronze, you can do. The pictures of the shades on the Elf website aren't great so I was unsure of which colour to go for. Maui is quite a light bronze shade, perfect for fair-skinned gals, however I would probably usually go a shade darker when buying bronzer. It's also shimmery without making your face look sparkly, just the perfect amount to highlight where you've added a touch of colour.

Overall...
I would give this 
This is the perfect winter bronzer, plus it's small, light & compact making it super easy to carry around in your makeup bag.

swatches
Swatch comparison

Second up: Warm Bronzer

mystringaling mon review elf warm

What Elf say...
Create a healthy looking glow all year round! The sheer soft powders provide the perfect hue of colour. Blend all 4 colours together to achieve a blend of perfection or choose your favorite colour or colours to mix, match and blend. Warm Bronzer- The warm shimmer that will bring a glow to your face. Ideal for summer or year-round. Cool Bronzer- The ideal selection of matte colours to achieve a natural looking tan. Ideal for winter or year-round. Golden Bronzer- An illuminating shimmer that is subtle and radiant. Ideal for summer or year-round. Dust onto cheekbones, cheeks and slightly around the edges of the face for a healthy bronzed look.

Results...
I bought a second bronzer, after adding the Baked Bronzer to my basket, because I knew Lisa Eldridge had used this in a tutorial & if it gets a thumbs up from Lisa, that's all the encouragement I need. This bronzer is similar in colour to the baked bronzer, it's light & the colour is very buildable. The difference with this quad of shades is the shimmer, there's a lot of it! That's not necessarily a bad thing, the overall effect makes your skin look glowing & radiant, which I love, however I probably wouldn't use this one every day.

Overall...
I would give this 
I really like the colour & the added shimmer, plus the packaging is very sturdy (not unlike the NARS bronzer & blush compacts) & the mirror inside the compact is huge!

Have you tried either of these bronzers? What did you think? These are the first products I've used by Elf but I would definitely purchase others,
I might have to pick up a few more next time I hit British shores :)

MYSTRINGALING X

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...