28 October, 2013

Monday Review: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

This week is another beauty bloggers' favourite: Rimmel's Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder in shade '001 Transparent', £3.99 for 14g.

mystringaling powder mon rev

What Rimmel say...
Up to 5 hours natural shine control with natural minerals. Helps minimise the appearance of pores. 

Results...
I picked this powder up on my way through Birmingham airport as a cheap alternative to my MAC Prep + Prime Translucent Finishing Powder. I'd heard a lot of good things so was expecting a fair bit from this little baby. I chose the shade 'Transparent' because I'm not a fan of powders that add colour to the face (it's hard enough finding a foundation that matches my skin tone without a powder undoing all that good work!) The Stay Matte powder is fairly transparent, I've not noticed that it adds any colour to my face, & it's very quick & easy to use -- only needing a quick dab or swipe of a powder brush to get a lot of powder on the bristles. I wouldn't say it kept shine at bay for a whole 5 hours but I never felt super oily at any point throughout the day when wearing this.

Overall...
I would give this powder 
I do like it but I much prefer the MAC Prep + Prime (although not so much its price tag!) I prefer the white/translucent colour of the MAC powder & the fact that in comes as a compact -- the Rimmel packaging is a bit naff & could easily break when travelling. I probably would repurchase the Stay Matte powder but only, like last time, if I couldn't afford the MAC.

Have you tried it? What did you think?

MYSTRINGALING X

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...