21 October, 2013

Monday Review: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation

This Monday's review is a little beauty that has been doing the rounds non-stop in the beauty blogsophere: Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, £32 for 30ml.

mystringaling mon review vital

What Chanel say (get ready for some lolz!)
A new-generation texture. An unprecedented sensory experience. A unique makeup result. Rapid and easy application. VITALUMIÈRE AQUA. Apply your makeup without thinking about it.

Its soft and evanescent ultra-fine fluid texture is a real surprise. Although it is exceptionally delicate and light, an incomparable “second-skin” perfecting result is achieved. The complexion appears amazingly even, fresh and energized. The skin glows with seemingly nude beauty. As if glowing from within. Bathed in light… 

Its formula, endowed with a UVB sun filter and mineral sunscreen, protects the skin from damaging sun rays (SPF 15). Its crystalline fragrance accentuates the sensation of freshness and pleasure on application.


mystringaling vital col

Results...
I bought this much-raved-about product when going through Duty Free a couple of weeks ago & really wasn't expecting much. I think I'd tried a sample in a magazine & hated it (I recall it sinking into my pores & giving me less coverage than a tinted moisturiser). However, there's something to be said for mass hype & at the discounted price I thought I'd give it another go.

I'm so glad I did. I've been really impressed by this foundation. The coverage is light but certainly not as sheer as I was expecting. You could wear it fairly sheer but if, like me, your skin is pretty good but with areas of redness/dark circles/slight discolouration this is brilliant. I've used my fingers and Sigma F80 brush to apply this & it looks lovely using both. The texture is very light & fluid, but not watery, & application really is 'rapid and easy'. Overall coverage is light-medium & the finish is very natural, neither dewy nor completely matte.

Overall...
I would give this foundation 
I really do love it. I didn't think something so light would be my thing but I've really enjoyed using it.
The shade range isn't great (9 different colours), however, even though the lightest shade '10 Beige' is slightly dark on me, because the product can be really buffed in along the jawline & onto the neck until it's very sheer, the colour actually looks great.

Have you tried this foundation? What did you think; is it worth the price tag & the hype? Let me know in the comments below 

MYSTRINGALING X

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...