05 August, 2013

Monday Review: Diorskin Nude BB Creme - Dior BB Cream

This week I'm reviewing a product I've lusted after for a long time: Dior's Diorskin Nude BB Creme in shade 002, £30 for 30ml.

dior bb
dior bb 2

What Dior say...
Nude glow, skin-perfecting beauty balm FPS 10 SPF - PA +
A dream combination of skincare and make-up, Diorskin Nude BB Creme is the new generation complexion enhancer. Its light, melting texture enriched with natural origin skincare ingredients conceals only the undesirable and adjusts perfectly to all skin tones. In a single step, Diorskin Nude BB Creme combines 5 indispensable actions in order to accentuate a fresh complexion with an astoundingly natural finish: corrects transparently, lights up the skin with a fresh glow, gently hydrates, instantly smooths, protects day after day. For skin as fresh and radiant as a Rose, by Dior.

Results...
This is the first BB cream that I've tried & not thought was a complete waste of time. All the western BB creams tend to be so thin & runny, much more of a tinted moisturiser than anything that's going to actually provide you with some decent coverage. The Diorskin Nude BB Creme is completely different, it's a medium-full coverage foundation-like BB cream. I have a lot of redness across my nose & so I always look for a fairly good coverage foundation but this BB cream is perfect, it covers all redness & has much better staying power than any of the other foundations I use (for reference they are: Bourjois Healthy Mix, Rimmel Match Perfection, & NARS Sheer Glow). The only thing I have found with this BB cream is that it's not as moisturising as I was expecting, I have to wear moisturiser under this, however, my skin is fairly dry so an oily skin may be able to skip this step. Straight from the pump, the BB cream's texture is light and really smooth, it's a beaut to rub into your skin, however, I found it has a Double Wear stay put kind of formula to it, meaning you have to work fairly quickly once it starts to 'set'. I use my fingers to apply this, patting over areas where I'd like a little bit fuller coverage & once it starts to set I blend any edges with a Sigma flat top stippling brush. I love the packaging, it's sleek yet light-weight (much like the actual product) & the little pump makes application really easy.

Overall...
I would give the Diorskin Nude BB Creme 
I've been so impressed by how good the coverage & longevity of this product is, often performing much better than traditional foundations. It comes in three shades, 001 which is a light, pink-toned shade, 002 (the one I have) which is a yellow-toned slightly darker shade - this was a bit darker than all my other foundations, however, it was perfect for on holiday/when I'd caught the sun a little bit - plus the third shade, 003, which I haven't swatched, unfortunately. The shade range is a little bit disappointing especially if you have very light or very dark skin, however, if you're somewhere in between like me, I'd definitely recommend this, it's worth every penny!

Have you tried this BB cream? What did you think?

MYSTRINGALING X


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh I haven't tried any BB creams before! This Dior one looks amazing :)

    Jade xx

    www.fairytalekiss.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one's a bit more pricey but the coverage & staying power is a million times better than any of the other BB creams I've tried :) X

      Delete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...