01 July, 2013

Monday Review: L'Oréal Nude Magique CC & BB Creams

Hello lovely readers! I haven't done a Monday Review for a few weeks because I've been trying to cut back on my spending & so haven't been buying many new products to try, however, this Monday's review is of some much anticipated products (& a bit of an oldie) from L'Oréal: their Nude Magique CC creams and their Nude Magique BB cream, both retailing at £9.99. 

loreal review main

Let's start with the CC creams, firstly the 'anti-redness' CC cream.

loreal green CC

What L'Oréal say...
The magic Smart Pigment Capsules in a feather-light green hydrator transform into foundation on application. Helps neutralise the appearance of redness. A perfect nude look with buildable light-weight coverage.

Results...
This is the first CC cream that I'd ever tried, & if it was anything like BB cream samples I'd previously tested, I wasn't expecting much. However, I do have quite a lot of redness across my nose & onto my cheeks so was interested to see how this would work. Low & behold I was pretty blown over. The strange green-toned liquid slowly turned into a light tan colour on my face & covered pretty much all of my redness. I applied the CC cream to all of my face & was taken aback by how good the colour match  & coverage was. The only downside I found was in places where I'd applied a little more, to build the coverage, here there there was still a slight green tinge which left my complexion looking quite sallow, not good!

Overall...
I would give this CC cream 
I was really impressed with the technology in general & especially how well it covered the redness in my skin whilst being very lightweight & thin in consistency. I would, however, not suggest applying this to your whole face as it can leave you looking a bit peaky.

Secondly is the Nude Magique 'anti-fatigue' CC cream.

loreal orange cc

What L'Oréal say...
The magic Smart Pigment Capsules in a feather-light apricot hydrator transform into foundation on application. Helps wake up the complexion. A perfect nude look with buildable light-weight coverage.

Results...
After trying the 'anti-redness' CC cream I was expecting big things from the 'anti-fatigue' offering, sadly I was very disappointed. The product immediately looked orange and, once I'd rubbed it into my skin, was left looking like an Umpa Lumpa. I can't comment of whether my complexion looked 'woken up' because, frankly, I looked so ridiculous!

Overall...
I would give this cream 
I was really disappointed by this CC cream. It seems that L'Oréal haven't quite harnessed the CC 'magique' as the two samples of CC cream I tried were drastically different in result. 

Finally is the Nude Magique BB cream. This came out way before the new CC creams and has received extremely mixed reviews.

loreal bb

What L'Oréal say...
Our first self adjusting BB cream. Moisturising skincare transforms to lightweight foundation. Skin looks flawless and even with a dewy glow.

Results...
I really want to like this. Ever since BB creams came out I've wanted to believe the hype but the only one that has delivered, for me, so far is the Dior BB cream & that's approx. £30 & more of a lightweight foundation. The L'Oréal BB cream does not look appealing when it's first squeezed from the packet/tube; it's a white/grey shade & looks fairly gritty. I'd read other reviews of this where people had said they could feel the 'pigment capsules' on their skin, making it feel uncomfortable. Honestly, I didn't notice this at all, I was more taken by the colour. The sample I had was shade 'medium' (the BB cream coming in both 'medium' & 'light' shades), I knew that 'medium' would be too dark as I'm quite fair, however, it was another orange moment for me. I found that the orange had a pinky undertone so I wasn't able to see how good the coverage was across the redness in my nose. I've heard that the 'light' shade is also fairly dark and orange-toned but I would be interested to try it, as I said, I do want to like this BB cream!

Overall...
I would give this BB cream 
I can't say definitively whether I love it or hate it due to the fact that the colour was completely wrong. 


Have you tried any of these creams, BB or CC? What were your thoughts? There is also a third CC cream that L'Oréal have launched which is mauve toned for 'anti-dullness', has anyone given that a go? If you're a fair-skinned gal like me, & have tried the BB cream, what did you think? 
Let me know in the comments below :) 


MYSTRINGALING X


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I would love to try out the Anti-Redness CC cream! :)

    floraldanielle.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really impressed :) just need to find one that's good for my whole face!

      XX

      Delete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...