31 July, 2013

2013 Book Review - July: The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

100 yr old man

This month's review is of a book I read whilst on holiday, I wasn't quite sure what to expect (not your usual book title) but I was really pleasantly surprised (plus it was on special offer when I bought it, just 20p on the Kindle, bargain!)

The story follows Allan Karlsson who, on his hundredth birthday, decides he's had enough & climbs out of his window beginning a bizarre, incredibly funny and heart-warming journey. Whilst Allan decides where to go next, we are given insights into the centenarian's life thus far and bit by bit we begin to understand why he would choose to leave his retirement home in favour of something a bit more interesting. 

One of my favourite aspects of this book was the fact that it was set in Sweden, to me this added a quirky charm to the narrative. If you are looking for a witty, light-hearted read with charm and brief history of world politics (it seems Allan has met just about everyone over his 100 years) I would definitely recommend this. 

Have you read this book? What did you think? Let me know in the comments below :)

MYSTRINGALING X


2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Charlee has read 10 books toward her goal of 25 books.
hide


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...