07 May, 2013

The Met Ball: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Last night New York saw the annual Met Ball. Beautiful people from around the globe flocked to the city to showcase their take on the Ball's theme of 'Punk Chaos to Couture'. Some fashionistas taking the theme more literally than others, some appearing lost in a fashion-faux-pas haze!

The Good
metball good

Ahh when they're good they're very good. Jennifer, Anne (new do, OHAI!), Cara & Rosie are my top 4 ladies of the night, all of whom looked stunning!

The Bad
metball bad

The title says it all, what were these ladies thinking? I don't know why K-Stew has decided all-in-ones are her go-to look, this one in particular is so unflattering :( likewise, kudos to Madonna for giving the theme 100% but really should a lady of her age be going out in this attire? I think not. Jessica Biel, I'd love this look if it wasn't for the strange leggings; why, Jess? Whyyy? And finally, looking like she got lost in the early 2000s on her way to a tacky nightclub, Gisele. She's so stunning but I can't help but think she looks a little cheap in this outfit.

And finally, The Ugly
met ball ugly

There's almost no words for these ladies' ensembles. On the right we have Karolina Kurkova & Ashley Olsen, but particularly upsetting are Linda Evangelista & Kimmy K (middle left and left). Kim has been criticised throughout her pregnancy for her fashion choices but this just does her no favours. I'm probably bemused more than anything by Linda Evangelista's choice, does this say 'Punk: Chaos to Couture' to any of you? To me it screams 'confused', that or 'wish I was an extra in Game of Thrones'.

What are your thoughts on this year's Met Ball? Who did you think stood out, for the right or wrong reasons? 

MYSTRINGALING X

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of Madonna, but she looks great- age is just a number! Why should she have to dress conservative just because she is older... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's got a great figure but, personally, I think the outfit is pretty hideous :)

      Delete
  2. Lol so true nicely done,Will be eagerly waiting for more.

    My Blog :- Nature Health Secrets

    And will love to hear from you. I am a new follower of yours on GFC and Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much for your lovely comment & for following :) X

      Delete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...