10 April, 2013

Monday Review: the NEW Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation - Radiance Reveal

This week's review is of the hotly anticipated Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation, mark 2. £9.99 for 30ml.

healthymix2

What Bourjois say...

HEALTHY GLOW & FLAWLESS COMPLEXION. HYDRATED AND LUMINOUS SKIN

Bourjois NEW Healthy Mix foundation had just got even better!
Give your skin a radiance boost and leave it looking flawless for up to 16 hours! Bourjois’ new Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix foundation is enriched with a fruit therapy formula to enhance your complexion. 
Apricot for radiance
Melon for hydration
Apple to protect your youth
It is also enriched with crystalline pigments to even out the complexion while letting in the natural light for that healthy looking glow. Its soft, fresh texture easily blends onto the skin for a comfortable flawless finish leaving you with beautiful, radiant and hydrated skin for 8 hours.
Available in 8 radiance boosting shades to suit every skin tone for fresh-looking skin.
Tested and approved!
- Complexion is perfectly evened out 89% agreed
- Complexion is radiant: 79% agreed


Results...

I really liked the original Healthy Mix foundation (see my review
here) & so I was expecting biiig things from this new version, however, I have to admit I've been pretty disappointed. There were a couple of things about the original which I thought could have been improved upon & according to the blurb of the new foundation they should have been - a glass bottle: check, & a more dewy finish: check! However, I feel like the coverage of the new version isn't quite as good. I love a dewy finish but, to me, this seems to have become more dewy & more sheer. I find I have to wear more of the newer healthy mix to get the same level of coverage but unfortunately this then makes my face look a bit orange. I was really impressed with the colour match of the original & perhaps there's no difference in colour with the new version but with the slightly lighter coverage having to wear more, in my opinion, makes the colour too dark. I also found that if my skin wasn't really well moisturised the foundation clung to dry areas - not surprising but it definitely wasn't as hydrating as I was expecting.

Overall... 

I would give this foundation 

I'm genuinely really disappointed with this, I thought it would be the perfect foundation - having tweaked some of the things about the original - but in reality I think I much prefer the Healthy Mix mark 1 :(

Have you tried the new Healthy Mix? What did you think? Let me know in the comments below :)

MYSTRINGALING X

Follow on Bloglovin



+ if you haven't already entered (or even if you have) click on the image below to take part in my first ever giveaway to win a bottle of Bioderma Sensibio H2O cleanser & more :)

giveaway button 3







5 comments:

  1. I was thinking about buying this but I think it might be too dark for my skintone!great review xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I find it quite hard to get a good colour match for my skin as I'm fairly pale so I don't think I'll use this again until I have a bit of a tan in the summer X

      Delete
  2. great review :) im always scared to try new foundations or creams as I have such sensitive skin i usually just stick to the same thing for years! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely :) it's definitely easy to stick to the same things when you know what works, I'm like that with other things XX

      Delete
  3. hi!^^
    i have pretty oily skin esp. on the t-zone.however i have occasional breakouts that leads to dry patches.
    the two points always give me headache on finding the right foundation T_T
    i thought i should get revlon's colorstay foundation but due to the lack of shades in malaysia i hold it on.
    i only found out about bourjois's healthy mix foundation,healthy mix serum foundation and 123 perfect foundation.
    can u suggest which one that might be ok for me(out of 4 )?thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...