04 March, 2013

Monday Review: Seventeen Doll'd Up Mascara

Hello lovelies! This week's review is a scheduled post as I'm actually moving to Germany today - exciting! But I'll blog more about my move once I'm settled in there. For now I've reviewed Seventeen's latest mascara: Doll'd Up, £6.29 for 9ml.

IMG_0640

What Seventeen say...
Create show stopping eye drama this season with SEVENTEEN’S NEW ‘doll’d Up’ mascara. With special lash lifting 24hour curl & volume benefits and an anti-clump brush, you can make sure that your lashes stay firmly in the limelight.SEVENTEEN’S ‘doll’d Up’ mascara uses a curved brush specially designed to give you a fabulous set of doll like lashes to super-charge your cheeky side this winter for amazing volume and curl without clumping. Create a beautiful overstated wide-eyed look, by applying to your top and bottom lashes . With up to 24 hours of staying power you can flutter your lashes all day and night.

Results...
I'm just going to come right out & say it, I was really disappointed with this mascara. As you may have seen, a few weeks ago I wrote a rave review of Seventeen's 'Wild Curls' mascara so I was expecting their new offering to be just as good, if not better. I think the downfall of this product may be the curved brush. As you can see in the photo above the 'anti-clump brush' looks pretty good, the packaging is designed so all excess is left behind but somehow, despite the brush not having a lot of product on it, my lashes completely clumped together after one or two strokes. I think the curve of the brush meant extra product was being applied where it shouldn't have been, rather than evenly across. The rest of the packaging is lovely but the curved brush really lets it down.

Overall...
Overall I would give this mascara 
The one good use I have found for it is for my bottom lashes, the curved brush seems to fit the bottom of my eye perfectly but £6+ for a bottom-lash-only product is a bit silly (did the Clinque bottom lash mascara ever take off? It all seemed a bit unnecessary to me!)

Have you tried this new Seventeen mascara? What did you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

MYSTRINGALING X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...