04 February, 2013

Monday Review: No 17 Wild Curls Mascara

Hello hello! It's been a really long time since I reviewed/discussed any mascaras & since I believe they're one of the most important elements of anyone's makeup routine I thought I'd review the two I've been using most recently: Boots No 17 'Wild Curls' mascara, £6.29 (9ml)

mascara

What No 17 say...
Take a walk on the wild side this summer with SEVENTEEN Wild Curls Mascara and create an intense look that will really put the ‘grrr’ into great lashes.
A flick of this fabulous new mascara creates sexy, smoldering and sultry eyes that are loaded with volume and intense curl for a feline finish.
The innovative shocking pink brush coats and coaxes for clump-free, ravishing lashes. The wild brush has soft, uneven bristles that allow you to get right to the root and dramatically lift lashes.
With six times more volume SEVENTEEN Wild Curls Mascara will hold that intense effect for up to 10 hours, keeping you looking purr’fect all day long. The fabulous animal print packaging will also look ferocious in your make-up bag and help you stand out in the crowd.
Create lashes as sultry and striking as the night with the new SEVENTEEN Wild Curls Mascara in Wildest Black and let your lashes do the talking with bold, night-time allure.

Results...
Until reading Boots's blurb I had no idea that the applicator brush was meant to be 'shocking pink' but oh well! The mascara itself is actually really good; the small brush means that you can really work the product into your lashes & it doesn't clump meaning your lashes look thick from root to tip. I would agree as well that the mascara helps to curl your lashes; I've not used eyelash curlers for the past few weeks because I need to replace the rubber pads on them but I've not noticed that the curl of my lashes has particularly suffered because of it. 
This is how the mascara looks after application (hello, big eye!)
IMG_0431
Overal rating...
I'd give this mascara 
I really like this product (having originally bought it because I had a voucher to get it for £1: bargain!) Since buying it originally in 'black' I have repurchased it (as you can see) in 'wildest black', I don't think there's much difference in the colours but the consistency of the 'wildest black' mascara does seem a bit thicker. I do need to reapply mascara to my bottom lashes after about 6-8 hours, however, it lasts 10+ hours on my top lashes without needing touch-ups: winner :)
Have you tried this mascara? What did you think? Do you prefer to use cheaper brands like No 17 or splash out on high end goodies? Let me know in the comments below :)

MYSTRINGALING X

4 comments:

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...