26 February, 2013

Monday Review: Nivea Express Hydration Primer

This week's Monday review (on a Tuesday, oops!) is a product I've been dying to try for a long time: Nivea's Express Hydration Primer, Normal & Combination Skin (a dry skin version is also available), £3.99 for 50ml.

IMG_0634

What Nivea say...
Enriched with vitamins & natural lotus extract. Provides an even and smooth base for effective make-up application and helps your make-up stay put. Absorbs instantly thanks to its light texture. Uses an effective hydrator for long-lasting moisturisation and a soft skin feeling.

Results...
I used to use a primer all the time (either Laura Mercier or Smashbox) but they tend to be fairly pricey & recently my budget just hasn't been able to stretch, therefore, when I saw this new Nivea 2 in 1 I thought all my Christmases had come at once (maybe a slight exaggeration :P) I was really surprised to find Boots don't stock this & so I ended up buying it from Tesco - what's up with that, Boots?
The moisturiser/primer itself is really lovely, it's extremely light & has an almost gel-like consistency. As the blurb claims, it does absorb into the skin very quickly & leaves your face feeling really soft & smooth. It has a slight scent to it, I'd describe it as fresh (sort of like the Head & Shoulders scent actually) but it's very soft & so not at all off-putting (I'm not a fan of perfumed moisturisers). The packaging is lovely, a nice heavy glass pot meaning easy application (no squeezing or shaking) & it looks pretty on your dresser too.

Overall...
Overall I would give this moisturiser  (4.5 actually, apparently there doesn't seem to be a half star!)
Whilst I wouldn't say this product definitely helped my makeup stay on longer it didn't make it slide off either & it did provide a perfect base for make-up application. I love the feel of it, the smell & the packaging & for under a fiver I think it's a bargain.

Have you tried this moisturiser/primer? What did you think? Let me know in the comments below :)

MYSTRINGALING X

4 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a lower priced primer to try and I've been meaning to pick this up for ages! After seeing your review I think I will give it a go :)

    xx

    wearenouvellevague

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do, let me know what you think :) XX

      Delete
  2. I saw Fleurs advert thing for this ;) I haven't actually heard many good things about this, which is a shame really but think after reading this I might give it a go too!
    I have a giveaway on at the minute to mark my 100 followers, maybe you could check it out, if you haven't already :D www.beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really seen any other reviews but I've found it to be quite good :) XX

      Delete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...