12 February, 2013

Monday Review: Bourjois Healthy Mix & 123 Perfect Foundation

This week's Monday review is on a Tuesday (I was too excited about awards season fashion that that took priority yesterday!) However, this week's review is a double whammy, 2 for the price of 1: Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation, £9.99 (30ml) & Bourjois 123 Perfect foundation, £10.99 (30ml).

Bourjois 123 Perfect

bourjois 123

What Bourjois say...
A new generation foundation to correct and conceal all blemishes. Give your skin a rested and radiant complexion and a flawless, even finish for up to 16hrs. Innovation: 3 colour correcting pigments for 0 imperfections. 1. Yellow pigments – conceals dark circles for a rested look. 2. Mauve pigments – corrects dullness. 3. Green pigments – neutralises redness for an even out the complexion radiance. Soft and smooth formula for an undetectable, second skin finish. Available in 9 natural shades to suit all skin types.
Results...
I really liked the formula of this foundation, it was smooth & almost velvety & the colour (when first applied) was brilliant. However, I felt that after a few minutes the foundation seemed as though it had oxidised & the colour looked a lot more orangey than when I'd first applied it. I also found the formulation very drying -- during the winter my normal/combination skin goes a lot drier & this didn't help. The colouring/coverage of under eye circles/darkness was brilliant, I often didn't need to use anything under my eyes when using this product as it had already done the correcting for me. The packaging was lovely -- some people don't like glass bottled foundations but I think it makes them look more expensive -- & the labelling was attractive, however, I do think £10.99 is at the pricier end for highstreet/"drugstore" foundations.
Overall rating...
I would give this foundation 
I think if you had really oily skin this foundation would be perfect -- the finish is very matte, unfortunately it just made my skin feel quite tight & dry. The colour range isn't great, I bought shade 51 Vanille Clair, the lightest, & it was still a tad dark so I'd avoid this product if you were extremely fair.


Bourjois Healthy Mix

bourjois healthy

What Bourjois say...
Bourjois first radiance-boosting fruit therapy foundation: a flawless complexion for up to 16hrs! 70% more radiance! Its exquisite and glide-on formula blends onto the skin for a flawless, yet natural finish. 8 hours moisture. Lets skin breathe. High tolerance dermatologically tested. Available colours: 51 Vanille Clair, 52 Vanille, 53 Beige Clair, 54 Beige, 55 Beige Fonce, 56 Hale Clair, 57 Hale, 58 Hale Fonce.
Results...
This foundation was so easy to apply & left my skin with a slightly dewy finish, but not at all shiny. The coverage was exactly what I wanted (medium buildable) & the colour was a really good match (also shade 51 Vanille Clair but this foundation didn't seem to oxidise). The bottle is plastic making it lightweight but fairly average looking.
Overall rating...
I would give this foundation 
The colour & finish are both great, however, it's not quite as impressive as Rimmel's Match Perfection foundation, which is also a few £s cheaper. I think this foundation would be good for any skin type, it wasn't drying but it also didn't leave me really shiny + this looks the best, of any foundation that I've tried, after 12+ hours -- perfect for weekday wear :)

Have you tried either of these Bourjois foundations? What did you think? I know the Healthy Mix foundation has received a lot of hype in the blogosphere, & rightly so. Let me know what you think in the comments below :)

MYSTRINGALING X

Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. I bought the healthy mix one but stopped using it when I got wrapped in by the Rimmel wake me up foundation. Maybe I'll start using the boujoir one again tomorrow. I like a change! Nice review
    www.beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation but I found it a bit too oily :( I absolutely love the Match Perfection foundation though :) X

      Delete
  2. i love the healthy mix foundation just wish it came in a glass bottle.

    Charlie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! it would look so much nicer :)
      XX

      Delete
  3. I always used to like change my foundation at the end of the bottle as I never found one that was the right colour and best for my skin. Healthy mix was the first to be a repeat buy! And I agree it's perfect for everyday x
    http://farfromuniform.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll be re-purchasing, for the price it's definitely worth it + it's such a good colour match :) XX

      Delete
  4. would you recommend the Healthy Mix Foundation or 123 perfect skin foundation for someone with combination skin, blemishes and is pale? thanks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say the Healthy Mix is more suited to someone with 'normal'/slightly drier skin, I have combination skin, though, & as long as I powder my T zone it's fine. The 123 Perfect is a lot drier so if your skin is more oily I'd definitely say try that one. The shade range of these isn't great to be honest, especially for us paler gals. Despite trying both these in shade 51 (the palest shade) I found the Healthy Mix to be a better colour match/lighter, the 123 Perfect seemed to oxidise (go orangey) after applying it which is a shame. Let me know what you think if you decide to give either of them a go :) XX

      Delete
    2. I forgot to add... The 123 also has more coverage so may be better if you have blemishes. It balances your skin tone/dark or red patches really well :)

      Delete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...