11 February, 2013

Awards Season - Who Wore What

Ahh possibly the most exciting way to start a new year: awards shows every other week with a whole heap of glam thrown in for good measure. I love watching the red carpets at these events & seeing how some people really do make the most stunning choices, & others just leaving you feeling a bit confused, but it's all part of the fun & games, non?

I've been waiting to put this post together for a few weeks, I wanted to wait until the Oscars on the 24th but after seeing the Baftas and the Grammys last night I'm too excited! So, let's begin...

The Golden Globes

The GGs were a few weeks back now but by golly they were beautiful, here are my absolute favourites.

Globes Faves
JLo in Zuhair Murad // Sofia Vergara in Michael Cinco // Nicole Richie in Naeem Khan

Globes Michelle Doc
Michelle Dockery in Alexander McQueen

I loved these four gowns as soon as I saw them. I love the lace detailing on Jlo, Nicole & Michelle's dresses (the skin colour lining of JLo's dresses matches her skin tone perrrfectly) & well, it would be hard to not like Sofia's dresses, she's looks like a Jessica Rabbit siren!

The Screen Actors' Guild Awards (SAGs)

The SAGs, I thought, were very hit & miss but I think these three, especially, really nailed it.

SAG faves
Nicole Kidman in Vivienne Westwood // Rose Byrne in Valentino // Jennifer Garner in Oscar de la Renta

Nicole outshone every other lady in navy (Amanda Seyfried, Jennifer Lawrence, I'm looking at you), she was glitzy without being brash & the detailing was beautiful. Similarly the simple brushed gold sequins of Jennifer Garner's dress meant she looked sleek and classic. Rose Byrne's look was a bit like Marmite, some loved it, some hated, I loved it. I think she looked soft, feminine, & very 20s without looking as though she was trying too hard: a beautiful nod to the feminine trend next season.

The Baftas

The British weather did not help these lovelies with their choice of gowns for last night's awards but these three really stood out to me.

Baftas Faves
Marion Cotillard in Dior Haute Couture // Anne Hathaway in Burberry // Amy Adams in Ellie Saab Haute Couture

Marion, bless her, stood miles out from the crowd in this incredible Dior citrus gown. The shape of it is so unusual, & I know a lot of people won't like it, but I think she can pull this quirky style off & the colour looked incredible on her. Likewise I think Amy Adams looks incredible in this black lace gown (I am a huge Ellie Saab fan); her hair & makeup make this whole look so classic, I love it! I've been a little bit disappointed with Ms Hathaway during awards season, she doesn't seem to have left the comfort of black or white gowns & it would be nice to see her in some colour. I do, however, think her hair is looking gorgeous & her dress is very flattering for her figure, just not exciting enough for me.

The Grammys

Grammys Rih
Rihanna in Alaia

When I first saw Rih Rih on the red carpet I wasn't sure how I felt about this dress, after seeing her move in it, it really grew on me. Apart from the lack of bra (oh, Rihanna) she looked really happy & comfortable in this dress, it was a pretty yet vampy gown & I really liked her in it + her hair & makeup were stunning.

Grammys Florence
Florence Welch in Givenchy Haute Couture 

If anyone can work this Medusa-esque Givenchy look it's Flo. I thought the colour was perfect for her & yes the little dino-like lumps were a bit odd but it's the Grammys, everyone has a bit of fun with their outfit.

Grammys Faves
Beyonce in Osman // Adele in Valentino // Janelle Monae in Moschino 

I loved these three ladies; Bey in trousers? Genius! Adele in colour? Incredible! & then Janelle Monae in her matador inspired ensemble, brilliant!

Grammys Katy
Katy Perry in Gucci

I loved Katy's Grammys dress, I just think, like Rih Rih, she had boob issues. Yes she's got a cracking pair but it just seemed a bit much. I love that she's channeling Priscilla Presley & her hair & makeup are beautiful but I just think there's a bit too much boob. Below are shots of the dress from the Gucci website (it could be yours for a mere £3360) & I think, whilst it's not as figure hugging on the model, it looks a lot prettier being a bit more demure.

Grammys Katy Gucci

Aaaand finally...
I  couldn't write this post without ending on this bizarre bombshell. Since Angelina flashed her whole leg at last year's Oscars, it seems like everyone wants a bit of the action. Please, ladies, just no.

LEG

Who were your best & worst dressed this awards season? Let me know in the comments below :)

MYSTRINGALING X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...