21 January, 2013

Monday Review: MUA Gel Liner

It's Monday again which can only mean one thing: another review! This week's is another MUA product: their Gel Eyeliner, £3.

Mon Review MUA gel liner

What MUA say...
They are intensely pigmented and super slick and come in four shades, from the classic black of ‘Underground’ to the beautifully bold blue of ‘Tribe’ and are completely smudge-proof once the product has dried. And the most exciting bit of the product is the unique brush applicator, which is cleverly hidden in the lid, which has been designed so you can create an array of long-lasting looks and styles [...].

Results...
MUA, were you talking about another product when writing the blurb for this? 'intensely pigmented'?! In the image above I included a swatch that I did on my arm, as you can see the line is messy & completely non-pigmented. When I tried this product along my lash line I couldn't - no matter how hard I tried - get a clean, straight, totally black line, & I'm no gel/liquid liner novice, having worn the stuff for the best part of 10 years. I also tried the liner along the waterline of my eye - having seen makeup tutorials suggesting that a gel liner on the waterline will last a lot longer, & give a much stronger colour, than a kohl pencil. Immediately the product started to float across my eye, leaving it red: very disappointing.

Overall rating...
I'd give this product 
It's hard to find any positives about this eyeliner. Yes, the brush is quirky in the way that it's hidden in the lid but the brush itself isn't great. 
Once again this is another MUA product that really doesn't deliver (see my review of their equally awful concealer pen here). It's such a shame because I've always found their eyeshadows, blushers & lipsticks to be brilliant, I've also been impressed with their new line of makeup brushes (review coming soon). For the money you pay for their products I'd always say it's worth taking the risk, however, this one just didn't pay off.

Have you tried MUA's gel eyeliner? What did you think? Have I just been landed with a bad batch? I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

MYSTRINGALING X

2 comments:

  1. This is disappointing, because, like you, I love their eyeshadows, and lipsticks. Thanks for the review though, it means I don't have to waste any money on it :)

    Have a beautiful day

    http://britishrandomnesss.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was so disappointed, I've wanted to try a gel eyeliner for a while as an alternative to liquid eyeliner but this one was rubbish :( I'm glad I've managed to help save your pennies though :)

      XX

      Delete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...