14 January, 2013

Monday Review: Enrapture Amplify Jumbo Waver Unboxing

The first Monday Review of the year is a product that I received for Christmas, the Enrapture Amplify Jumbo Waver, £74.99 at Boots (during the Christmas period all electricals were half price so I decided to promptly add this to my Christmas list!)

wavers col

I'd read loads of reviews of the Enrapture Totem Styler & wasn't sure whether to ask for that or the Jumbo Waver, but I decided that seeing as I already have GHDs, curling tongs & hot rollers that can all curl my hair I don't have anything to "wave" it so OHAI Jumbo Waver!

What Enrapture say...
Amplify your hair and create a rock, beachy or mermaid look with big tousled ‘s’ waves. With superior titanium plates the jumbo waver gives even heat-distribution so you can add volumising texture to any hair length.

My thoughts...
When I first opened the box I thought the waver looked a bit terrifying! It's really big & when I was using it my wrist & hand started to ache a bit with the weight, it wasn't awful though & I think with a bit more practise it wouldn't be a problem. I was impressed with how quickly they heated up, however, I was a bit miffed that there was no real indication of how hot they get; there's a dial to turn the heat up or down, but I would prefer to know the actual heat as I know my hair can take around 210/220ºC with my GHDs whereas I've no idea how hot the max on these babies is.

I was impressed with how quick it was to do all my hair, no more time-consuming than curling it or using hot rollers, & the result looked really good; not too crimper-ish. After about 8 hours of using the wavers my hair still looks almost exactly the same, without having used any products such as hairspray or mousse.

Pic results...
Before & after

hair

Overall result...
I'd give the Jumbo Wavers 
All in all I'm really impressed with the waver, it was easy to use & the result looked really pretty. I hate my hair looking too 'done' so this was nice: messy-ish waves without looking like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards/not brushed my hair in days; boho chic at its best :) 
I do think they're a bit pricey when they're full priced, it's a lot of money for something that you may only use for nights out, but keep your peepers peeled for more half price discounts/promotions!

Have you used any products by Enrapture? What did you think?

MYSTRINGALING X

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted a waver just like the one in the photos!! Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous! :)

    Much love,
    The Cabinet Of Fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :) I would definitely recommend the Enrapture waver. I did my hair again on a slightly higher heat a few days after I took these photos & the waves lasted perfectly until I washed my hair, it's a really good product :) X

      Delete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...