10 December, 2012

Monday Review: MUA Brush on Concealer Pen

I've been away from the blogosphere for a week but it's time again for a Monday review, this week is a slightly disappointing one (well, it wouldn't do to give everything 5/5 would it?) -- MUA's Brush on Concealer Pen in 'Radiance', £2.

Mon Review MUA concealer

What MUA say: You might have seen some more expensive versions of these in the beauty world but the joy of MUA is that we’re just *so* good at creating versions that are just as good but a tiny fraction of the price! (You can thank us later.) Brush on the concealer across any imperfections and blend gently with your finger to create a gorgeous, flawless face!

Results: 'we're just so good at creating [cheap] versions', really? Ohh MUA why did you have to set yourself up like that? As I said before, I found this so disappointing :( I was expecting a highlighter/concealer pen (think a cheaper version of Yves Saint Laurent's Touche Éclat) but instead it came out as a sticky, slightly orange, cheap formula. I don't tend to use concealer but I fancied a highlighter for under my eyes, this just didn't deliver. Bad times!

Overall rating...
I'd give this concealer ☆ out of 5, even then perhaps that's a bit generous.
Ladies & gents, don't waste your £2! 

Have you tried this concealer? What did you think? After looking at the MUA review page I can see that I'm not the only one who was disappointed by this product, maybe you feel different? Let me know in the comments below :)

Also, are there any products that you would like to see reviewed? Any requests please let me know!

MYSTRINGALING X

2 comments:

  1. That's a shame! I've always been a fan of MUA but this sure sounds disappointing.. Have you tried their other products though? I'm really keen with their new range of brushes (a review on that would be great!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a lot of their other products, especially their eyeshadows & lipsticks but this just wasn't for me :(
      I'll definitely have a look at their brushes too - brilliant suggestion, thanks!

      XX

      Delete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...