11 December, 2012

London, Les Mis & an insight into death & art

The last week has been insane so here's a quick catch up about what I've been doing & to let you all know I'll be back to blogging regularly from today :)

On Wednesday I went down to London to stay with some friends. The afternoon that I got there we visited Highgate Cemetery & saw the graves of George Elliot & Karl Marx. It was a beautiful place with some of the most original & different gravestones I've ever seen, plus the weather was beautiful.

graves col

After having a mooch around the cemetery we went to Liberty's for afternoon tea with my italian friend who was in London for a few days. It was delish!

Whilst we were there we found out that that evening was the world premiere of Les Misérables :O :O :D we arrived just as it was beginning & managed to sneak right to the front of the barriers. Cue ridiculous excitement as the likes of Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, Russell Crowe, Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen walked right up to us. My photos were absolutely awful -- excitement & good photos aren't a winning combo. HOWEVER, I did get a cheeky snap of Michael Ball, what a babe :D I'm soo excited to see the film, I saw the musical in the West End during the Summer & it was incredible, if you've not seen it, go! + if you're under 25 you can apply for tickets for just £25 -- winning!

les mis col

The following day we visited the Death: A Self-portrait exhibition at the Wellcome Collection. It may sound morbid but it was fascinating, it explored the human preoccupation with death & how that's expressed in culture & art. If you're in London & get the chance to see it, do! It's free too, wheeey!

So that's it, a quick round up of what I've been up to over the last few days. What have you been up to? Did you see the photos in the press of the Les Mis premiere? Or have you seen the Death exhibition at the Wellcome Collection? Let me know!

Loves,

MYSTRINGALING

2 comments:

  1. Great photos. Found you through the "Fashion Parkway", and followed you. Feel free to visit my blog anytime.

    xoxo Keke

    http://madamekeke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following :) I'll be sure to have a read of your blog XX

      Delete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...