19 November, 2012

Monday Review: MUA lipsticks

Hello beauty lovers! This Monday's review is of two lipstick shades by MUA: shade 16 'Nectar' & shade 15 'Juicy' both £1 each for 3.8g.


What MUA say: Girls, there is nothing better than lipstick. Apart from maybe lipstick that costs just £1! Ok definitely lipstick that costs just £1. Don't say we're not good to you. Our amazing lipsticks come in 16 shades from red to pink and nude and are packed full of pigmentation. With just one swipe you'll have fantastic colour pay off resulting in gorgeous lips! Why not pick a shade you've not tried before and get a new look? It is just £1 after all...did we already mention that?

Results...
I was previously sent an MUA lipstick (shade 5) by Danielle @ misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.co.uk in the beauty swap we did back in September, see my post about that here. I was really impressed with the quality of MUA's lipsticks so I thought I'd try a couple of other shades. I chose these two because I love nude/neutral toned lipsticks for the daytime & shade 15 'Juicy' was absolutely perfect! It gives my lips just enough colour without being too much for the daytime, I love it! Shade 16 'Nectar' wasn't so exciting but that's just my personal preference; I found the coral-y tone of shade 16 too bright for my skin tone - it just didn't suit me at all! Having said that, I was very impressed with the quality of both lipsticks - really creamy & soft - & would definitely try other shades, number 16 just wasn't for me.

Overall rating...
I would give MUA's lipsticks 
For £1 you really can't go wrong with these bad boys. I absolutely love shade 15 & will definitely buy it again. I found that if I'd not used lip balm before applying the lipsticks they could be a little bit drying but only a tiny bit, I've also had the same problem previously with MACs lipsticks. 

Have you tried MUA's super bargain-ous £1 lipsticks? Which shades did you try & what did you think of them?


MYSTRINGALING X

** After writing this post, & looking at the MUA lipstick shade chart, I wondered why I'd ordered shade 16 in the first place (it didn't look like something I'd order - at all!) When I looked at my dispatch note I realised that I didn't order it, I'd been sent the colour by mistake (I'd actually ordered shade 14 'Bare', much more my cup of tea!) I contacted MUA about this & within 48hrs I had the correct lipstick at no extra cost. 
Thumbs up :) **

6 comments:

  1. I like the coral one: it looks like Vegas Volt by Mac!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not tried that but I do love MACs choice of colours :)

      Delete
  2. The coral one is really nice. I don't have access to MUA makeup sadly. Enjoy!


    New follower, follow back?

    http://www.simplyblushed.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following :) I'll be sure to have a look at your blog X

      Delete
  3. Love the coral colour! super pretty! Found you on blog hop! New follower:)
    Brittney
    http://beautybybrittney02.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following :) I'll have a read through your blog now XX

      Delete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...