22 November, 2012

L'Occitane Shopping Evening Birmingham

 You may have seen a few weeks ago an advert in the Sunday Times Style magazine for an 'after hours' shopping event at L'Occitane shops around the country; on Tuesday me & my Ma went to the one in Birmingham. We were greeted with a glass of Champagne & the prospect of trying out every product in the store (HELLO!) Like a fool I forgot to take my camera *face palm*, however, the shop itself was no different from a normal day (I did see Victoria post some lovely photos of a L'Occitane shop the other day so if you've never been to one, have a wee look here.)

So, down to business, what I purchased...

This giftset was half price when you spent £35 or more; it contains: a L'Occitane make-up bag, Dry Skin Hand Cream (15ml), Precious Cream (3ml), Precious Eye Balm (5ml), Essential Water (30ml), Bonne Mère Soap (100g), Verbena Shower Gel (50ml), Pivoine Shower Gel (75ml), & Lavande Foaming Bath (100ml)

I absolutely love L'Occitane's fragrances & this was one that I'd not seen before. The vintage looking bottles immediately drew me to this gift set & the smell is delicious, L'Occitane describe it as: 'evok[ing] a fairyland of blossoms woken up, as if from under a spell, to perfume the Provençal winter with bewitching aromas. Formulated with natural floral extracts, this charming fragrance opens with sparkling red fruit notes followed by a soft trail of peony and rose.' 
This gift set came in a beautiful box & included: Fleurs Merveilleuses Eau de Toilette (75ml), Fleurs Merveilleuses Perfumed Soap (50g), Fleurs Merveilleuses Hand Cream (30ml), & Fleurs Merveilleuses Shower Gel (250ml).

Whilst we were there I had a skin consultation with one of the L'Occitane ladies. I was told that my skin was very dry (I blame the cold weather!) She, therefore, recommended I use the Angelica fluid which would re-hydrate my skin but also control shine throughout the day: winner! I also picked up a little shea butter pot. This is a really concentrated dose of shea butter, perfect for dry lips & skin during winter.

Finally, is the goody bag we received as we left (apparently worth £40+). This included: Lavande Body Lotion (75ml), Pivoine Shower Gel (75ml), Cherry Blossom Bath & Showel Gel (75ml), Bonne Mère Soap (100g), Angelic Hydration Cream (15ml), Almond Shower Oil (35ml), Dry Skin Hand Cream (15ml), Rose Velvet Hand Cream (10ml), & 1.5ml samples of the Angelica Hydration Cream, Protective Lotion & Eye Roll-On.

It's crazy how much stuff we were given but it was such a lovely evening. All the staff were really welcoming & were on hand to recommend products & help you test them (I had two hand treatments using some of the products we were given as goodies). For me, L'Occitane is the perfect place to pick up Christmas presents, there's something for everyone in your family & it won't break the bank either :)

Do you use any of L'Occitane's products? What are your thoughts? If you're interested in purchasing any of these goodies visit uk.loccitane.com.

MYSTRINGALING X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...