18 September, 2012

Shiny Locks Made Easy: My Hair Care Routine

Bonjour lovelies!

As you may have seen, I posted my first ever OOTD post on Monday & was lucky enough to get some really lovely comments, in particular about my hair & so I've put together a post about my hair care routine.

There's nothing shocking or particularly different about what I do but maybe the simple/non-fussy approach is the secret?

The products I use are:

Shampoos: VO5 'Give Me Moisture' for dry hair, or L'Oréal Elvive 'Full Restore 5' repairing shampoo
Conditioners: L'Oréal Elvive 'Triple Resist' reinforcing conditioner, or Dove Hair Therapy 'Intensive Repair' 1 minute conditioner & treatment
+ after washing: John Frieda 'Frizz-Ease' hair serum just on the ends of my hair

I use one of these shampoos & one conditioner each time I wash my hair (I shampoo my hair twice every wash to make sure it's super clean). I love the Dove conditioner as it's also a treatment mask so your hair is left really soft, I tend to alternate between using that & the L'Oréal 'Full Restore 5' one.

Other things I use:

 A sturdy brush for once my hair's dry & a wide-tooth comb to detangle it whilst it's wet. 
(For drying I have a Babyliss hairdryer & for straightening some trusty GHDs)

Every 4-6 weeks I dye my hair using Garnier Nutrisse's 'Nourishing Foam' (shade 4.15 Iced Mocha). It's much easier to use than normal liquid dyes & leaves my hair really shiny.

So, that's it! Not a complicated or long-winded routine but it's my secret to happy & healthy hair :)

Thank you very much to Sophie Rose for suggesting this post, if anyone has any other requests for posts I will be more than happy to do them :)

Much love,

MYSTRINGALING X

10 comments:

  1. interesting post :) i love hair posts because my own struggles a bit haha :)

    lashesandlaces.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post sweets, I love Dove products but never tried their conditioners, this one looks really good xx

    www.misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I've only tried the conditioning treatment but it's really good :) XX

      Delete
  3. Yay thanks for putting this up!

    I use the Dove intensive repair conditioner too and I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome, thank you for suggesting it :) XX

      Delete
  4. Ooo, i want to try the dove hair therapy. Do you recommend for oily hair though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you find the ends are drier I'd say definitely give it a go. A good tip if your hair is a bit oily is to only put conditioner on the bottom 2/3 of your hair, that way the dry ends are conditioned & smoothed but your roots don't get greasy too quickly :)

      Delete
  5. Your hair does look lovely, thanks for sharing. I may pop to boots to pick up that Dove conditioner.

    Julie
    sweetsaremyweakness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do three different ones but I think the blue one is the best for super silky hair :)

      Delete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...