28 September, 2012

September Favourites

This month I've been trying to watch my spending so I've not been buying a great deal of products, however, I have tried some brilliant samples.

They are...


01. I received a sample of Dior's new Nude foundation with September's Elle magazine. I love foundation samples & I'd been really impressed with the last Dior one I tried (Diorskin Forever).



I was lucky because the sample was shade 020 'Beige Clair/Light Beige' which was the perfect colour match for my skin (how often does that happen with a magazine sample!?) It gave brilliant medium-full coverage & lasted the whole day without touch-ups. The one thing that I wasn't a huge fan of was the SPF (no one likes a ghost face in photos) but that being said, I think this would be a brilliant daytime foundation so the SPF wouldn't be a problem. It comes in 10 shades & retails for about £31 for 30ml. 

02. The second sample I received this month was with a rather large ASOS order (I was desperately trying to find something for my cousin's wedding in 2 weeks time). They sent me a lovely little pot of Clinique's 'Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturizer'. 



I love night moisturisers & this one was lovely. It kept my face really moisturised without being greasy & made my skin really soft. It retails for around £34 for 50ml which to me is a pretty pricey moisturiser, however, I do think 50ml would last a couple of months if used every night so cost per use would only be about 70p per night :)

03. My final favourite product this month wasn't a sample, but it's little nonetheless: the TRESemmé mini paddle brush.


Since having a fringe cut I feel like I constantly need to brush it to keep it nice (first world problems!) So say hello to my little friend, this handbag sized mini paddle brush :) I've taken a photo of it next to my glasses so you can see how small it really is -- perfect fringe size! It's absolutely brilliant & does exactly what I need it to do + it's tough enough to brush the rest of my hair too, not just that pesky fringe! (RRP £4.19)

Have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments below :)

MYSTRINGALING X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...