12 September, 2012

If there's one book you must read... Week #23

Book #23 -- The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger


Chosen, this week, by me :) see my other recommendations here, here & here.

Why I think it's brilliant: The whole concept is incredible & I'd never read anything like it before. The plot jumps backwards & forwards in time in order to tell the story of a time-travelling man & a woman who goes from girlhood to maturity meeting him at different points in his journey. At times I found the changing dates quite confusing but it didn't take anything away from the premise or the love story which runs throughout the novel. Completely different & incredibly fascinating, this is a brilliant read :)

Amazon blurb: 'This is the extraordinary love story of Clare and Henry who met when Clare was six and Henry was thirty-six, and were married when Clare was twenty-two and Henry thirty. Impossible but true, because Henry suffers from a rare condition where his genetic clock periodically resets and he finds himself pulled suddenly into his past or future. In the face of this force they can neither prevent nor control, Henry and Clare's struggle to lead normal lives is both intensely moving and entirely unforgettable.'

There was recently a film made of this novel which I found disappointing, I therefore urge you to read the book even if you have seen the film (the ending is actually different, I think the novel's ending is much better!)

Have you read this book or seen the film? What did you think? If there's a book that you think is brilliant let me know either in the comments below or on twitter.

MYSTRINGALING X 

Buy on Amazon.

3 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to buy this book now! The title really pulled me in, haha! I love books and things like that, it sounds amazing :) thank you so much for recommending it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome :) let me know what you think if you read it :D X

      Delete
  2. ¡Hola! ^^ Do you like my blog? I'd like to meet? I love it! ;) A kiss!

    ¿Conoces mi blog? Te gustaría conocerlo? Me encantaría! ;) Un besito!
    mividaensuenos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...