07 September, 2012

Beauty Swap

Hello there lovelies :)

So the last couple of weeks have been an exciting time, I recently signed up to take part in the BBloggers Unite beauty swap & was paired up with the lovely Danielle from misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.co.uk :) Our challenge was to buy beauty products for each other with a budget of around £15. It was, to start with, fairly difficult as £15ish doesn't go very far when there's so many amazing products on the market, however, I found it really enjoyable. I ended up getting 6 products for Danielle, they included:


Garnier Skin Naturals 'Pure Self-Heating Sauna Mask' pack of 2 // NY Blue Eyelashes by NYC // Beauty Parlour 'Mattifying Papers' // MUA mosaic bronzer // Barry M 'Chameleon nail colour' in lilac // Carmex cherry pot lip balm (+ a little card)

I choose products that I'd either tried or wanted to try :)

Danielle's products for me were...


01. Lush 'Bath Ballistic' in 'Space Girl'


This bath 'ballistic' (sounds extreme doesn't it!) smells incredible. I had a little peek in the bag when it arrived & it made my room smell amazing until I used it. I've tried a couple of things from Lush before but I don't regularly shop there so it was nice to receive something that I wouldn't have normally picked up myself.

02. Maybelline 'Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow' in 'Permanent Taupe'


I've read so much about these 'Color Tattoo' eyeshadows by Maybelline (I'm sure you've all seen the hype around the blogosphere). On the colour swatch I tried to show how the shadow can be worn as a soft taupe as well as really pigmented. I love the colour & was really excited to see this product in my parcel :)

03. MUA lipstick in shade 7


I'm a big fan of MUA's eyeshadows & Love Hearts lip balm/glosses but I hadn't tried their lipsticks yet; I wasn't disappointed. The colour was a lovely, natural pinky toned red. It felt lovely once I'd applied it, really moisturising, and the colour lasted. I'd definitely buy another one of these!

04. MUA blushers in shade 5


Like the lipstick, this blusher was brilliant. Really pigmented & the perfect size for your make-up bag (no bulky packaging!) I loved the colour as it was really flattering with my skin tone & would definitely snap up more of MUA's blushers in other shades.

05. x2 Barry M nail paints -- 'Shocking Pink' & 'Silvery Lilac'




Barry M is one of my go-to brands for good quality, affordable nail varnish in on trend shades. I really liked both of the colours Danielle chose for me, especially the silvery lilac which looks incredible in the light. The colour is also really buildable, when I first applied it it looked like a very shimmery top coat, however, after 3-4 coats the colour was really strong & striking.

06. Aussie 'Miracle Moist' Shampoo & Conditioner 75ml each


I really liked the fruity smell of these Aussie hair products & they left my hair feeling really soft and looking shiny. Lovely stuff!

I had such a nice time choosing the products for the swap & it was equally nice having a parcel of goodies sent to me :)
Have you tried any of the products I received? or any of the ones I sent to Danielle?

I'd love to do another swap. Have you ever done one? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below :)

Read Danielle's post about the swap here.

MYSTRINGALING X

11 comments:

  1. I just came over to your blog after seeing Danielle's post about the swap. You both chose really nice things for each other :)

    Lauren
    pinkforflamingos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really enjoyed the whole experience & it was nice to make a new friend :) XX

      Delete
  2. Those are really lovely items you got each other! I joined the BBU swap too and can't wait to receive my part of the products :D

    xx,diamondinrouge.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you receive some lovely things too :)

      Delete
  3. I've heard so many mixed reviews about the colour tattoos and now I really want to try them! You got some great things :)

    New follower here, I found you through the Blog Hop. Hope you can check out my blog too

    x

    http://canvasbagkris.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it :) especially the way the colour was so buildable X

      Delete
  4. Lovely post babes, and I am so pleased you liked all your things. The nail polishes look lovely on your nails. Can't wait till the next swap xxxx

    www.misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you through BBU Blog Hop. I have the MUA bronzer and use it all the time - love it! Following through GFC :)

    Jen x

    http://beautyandthebiryani.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MUA's products are so good, I love them all!

      Thank you for following, I'm now following you too :) XX

      Delete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...