05 August, 2012

London 2012 Olympics -- Athletics Day 1

As I mentioned in my last post I was lucky enough to get some tickets for the Olympics, day one of the athletics :D :D I had such an incredible day, the atmosphere was amazing, everyone was so excited and friendly and welcoming. We saw the golden girl Jessica Ennis in her first two heptathlon events, 100m hurdles and the high jump (in case you didn't know she broke the world record in the 100m hurdles, not bad :D)

Here are some of my pictorial highlights...








The whole Olympic Park was incredible, especially the stadium. I'm now even more addicted to the BBC coverage & all of team GB's progress!

MYSTRINGALING X

6 comments:

  1. wow, looks awesome! i'm such an old lady, i got offered to go to the olympics but i turned it down because i knew it would be busy haha! and by the looks of these photos it's even bigger in real life than the TV shows!
    looks like you did have such a lovely time though.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, haha! I was actually so surprised by how well the whole thing was organised & how little waiting around there was. I had to get up at 6am (which almost killed me!) But the excitement kept me going :) XX

      Delete
  2. Wow, looks awesome! Glad you had a great day!

    Following you now on GFC. :)

    www.sweetsaremyweakness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thank you :) I'm following you too XX

      Delete
  3. Gosh you lucky lady! Wish I managed to get tickets! :( I tried for gymnastics but I didn't mange to get any! Thank goodness for BBC! ;) thank you for dropping by my blog earlier, you have got a lovely blog yourself and I'm following you too! Sukie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed the athletics & gymnastics so much, the athletes are just so awe inspiring!

      Thank you for your lovely comment :) XX

      Delete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...