29 August, 2012

If there's one book you must read... Week #21

Book #21 -- The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer


Chosen by Jemma (+ it's her birthday today so send her a birthday tweet :))

What Jemma says: It's a short spin-off novella to accompany the Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer. It was easy to read & perfect as a holiday/beach read.

Amazon blurb: 'The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner is the riveting story of Bree Tanner, a vampire first introduced in Eclipse, and the darker side of the world she inhabits. The novella chronicles the journey of members of the newborn vampire army from their preparations to close in on Bella Swan and the Cullen family to its unforgettable conclusion.

Fans of The Twilight Saga will be enthralled by the riveting story of Bree Tanner, a character introduced in Eclipse, and the darker side of the newborn vampire world she inhabits. In another irresistible combination of danger, mystery and romance, Stephenie Meyer tells the devastating story of Bree [...]. 'I'm as surprised as anyone about this novella,' said Stephenie Meyer. 'When I began working on it in 2005, it was simply an exercise to help me examine the other side of Eclipse, which I was editing at the time. I thought it might end up as a short story that I could include on my website. Then, when work started on The Twilight Saga: The Official Guide, I thought the Guide would be a good fit for my Bree story. However, the story grew longer than I anticipated, until it was too long to fit into the Guide.'

I'm not a huge Twilight fan although I'm happy to admit that I've seen the first three films and started to read the first book in the saga (unfortunately it didn't rivet me & so I didn't finish it). However, the books and films alike have been incredibly popular and, much like Harry Potter before it, fans have an insatiable thirst for extra literature about the characters and their back-stories. With this in mind, I think this is an interesting book for anyone who is a fan of the series.

Have you read it? Are you a fan of the Twilight saga or are you sick of vampire literature? Let me know in the comments below or on twitter, and don't forget to tell me your 'must read' book :)

MYSTRINGALING X

Buy from Amazon

6 comments:

  1. I'm selling this on my blog sale along with 3 other Twilight books.
    http://britishrandomnesss.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/blog-sale.html
    Sorry for the plug, I just thought it was suitable.

    Have a beautiful day

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem at all :) what did you think of the book? Are you a Twilight fan? XX

      Delete
  2. Hello, lovely blog you have :)
    I'm a new follower, would you like to follow each other?

    http://makeupandlondon.com

    xx
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :) I'm now following you too, I like that your posts are written in English & Portuguese :) XX

      Delete
  3. I'm not a big book reader, but this sounds interesting. :)

    I do love the films.

    I am currently running a giveaway on my blog, check it out if you're interested.

    Julie
    http://sweetsaremyweakness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your giveaway the other day & thought "ooh I must enter!" :) XX

      Delete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...