19 August, 2012

Du bist mein Leibster


OHAI! I'm sure most of you (if not all) have seen the 'Liebster Award' doing the rounds on people's blogs, non? No one seems to be sure where it came from and despite wanting to be cynical I can't help but appreciate the sentiment.

In short: 'Liebster' is German for sweetheart but it comes from 'lieben' to love/to prefer. Long story short, the Liebster Award is like a pat on the back from another blogger who rates what you're doing and for this nomination I'd like to thank the lovely Lola Rose :)

To start with I have to tell you 11 things about myself (why 11 I do not know?!)

01. I, like Lola Rose, am an only child (often thought as a nipper that the term was 'lonely' child, how tragic, haha!)
02. I've just graduated from uni with a 2:1 in English with German.
03. I can speak English and German and am currently learning Italian too.
04. I love literature and have recently joined a book club (I don't tell many people though as it makes me sound like a middle-aged woman!)
05. I love to travel and have been to Italy 4 times in the last 12 months (my boyfriend lives there too which is a bonus :))
06. I haven't seen my natural hair colour in over a decade :/
07. I love fake eyelashes & was called Charlee Lashes when I first moved to uni.
08. I can pull a pint ;)
09. I have my feet tattooed. I've never actually blogged about my tattoos (I also have a small one at the top of my spine) but I absolutely love them.
10. I have an amazing little cat called Maggie, I love her!
11. And finally, I want to see more of the world. I spent a year living in Germany in 2010/11 and it was the best experience of my life, I'm itching to get away again. I'm currently looking for jobs across all of Europe, seeing new places and experiencing new things is what makes life exciting for me.

Now, Lola Rose's questions for me:

01. Q: Do you watch youtube videos? If so who is your favourite youtuber?
A: Yes I do watch a lot of youtube videos (some of my guilty pleasures here), my favourite would have to be Lexi sototallyvlog/fashionflith, she lives the kind of life I can only dream of & has amazing style too.

02. Q: How long have you been blogging?
A: I've been blogging since I was in Germany, my first post was back in February, 2011.

03. Q: What makes you follow a good blog?
A: It's always about the first impression for me, if a blog is cluttered with tiny images I won't bother looking at it. I like things to be clear, whether that's with large photos or a really simple layout or whatever. I also love blogs with beautiful photography, even if it's just an OOTD, if it's beautifully shot I'll want to keep going back to it.

04. Q: What is your favourite nail polish brand?
A: L'Oreal, hands down! Their 'Resist and Shine Titanium' polishes are brilliant.

05. Q: Who do you look up to in the fashion world?
A: To sound cliché, anyone who dresses how they want without caring what people think of their style is really inspiring to me. As for style icons I've always loved Gwen Stefani, she can do relaxed tom-boy and beautiful feminine glamour, she's incredible!

06. Q: Do your friends know you have a blog?
A: Yes, my close friends do + anyone who follows me on twitter, but I don't post links to my blog on facebook. I don't think blogging should be a popularity contest, I'd rather people came across my blog because they were looking for something I was talking about, rather than asking all of facebook to follow my blog etc. 

07. Q: Lipstick or gloss?
A: I've always been a gloss girl, however, I think I may have recently been converted to lipstick (see my August favourites early next week to find out what did it).

08. Q: How many blog posts do you post a week?
A: I tend to schedule a lot of my posts because I find it means that I always have regular content. I try to schedule a post 3-4 times a week :)

09. Q: Do you think blogging has given you confidence?
A: I don't necessarily think it's given me any more confidence, I've always been a chatty friendly person who's not afraid to meet new people. I do think that blogging has given me the perfect outlet to constantly write though which, for me, is much more important. It's good to write about the things you love and then receive feedback from your peers.

10. Q: Do you go to college? If so what are you studying?
A: I did go to college where I did my A-levels and I've just finished uni where I studied English literature and German.

11. Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
A: Hopefully in a job that I love, having seen a lot more of the world. 

The bloggers I would like to nominate are:
01. Danielle - http://www.misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.co.uk/
02. Julie - http://sweetsaremyweakness.blogspot.co.uk/
03. Angela - http://hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.co.uk/
04. Zoe - http://wondrous-marvellous-obsession.blogspot.co.uk/
05. Mariam - http://themaryfairy.blogspot.co.uk/
06. Natalie - http://raveorrant.blogspot.co.uk/

It's only 6 (not the magical number 11!) but I really like all 6 blogs :)

My questions to you, ladies, are:
01. Why did you start your blog?
02. What do you love about other people's blogs?
03. What do you hate about them?
04. Apart from blogging, what's your favourite thing to do?
05. What do you find is the best way to gain new followers?
06. Do you prefer blogs or youtube vlogs, and why?
07. What is your favourite luxury beauty product?
08. What is your favourite budget beauty product?
09. What is the one beauty product that you could not live without?
10. If you were given £1000 what is the first thing you would buy?
11. What's the one tip that you think everyone should know?

Wowee! That ended up being a rather lengthy post! Have you been nominated for a 'Liebster Award' previously? What are your thoughts on the whole thing? + were there any questions here that caught your eye? If so, let me know the question and your answer in the comments below :)

Thank you again to Lola Rose, you little cutie pie!

MYSTRINGALING X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...