09 August, 2012

Bloghops

Boing! Boing! I've been hopping a lot over the last couple of days through BBloggers Unite's & BlogLove Therapy's bloghops. If you've not heard of them before it's a chance to find new blogs to read & in turn gain a few extra followers.

With so many bloggers uploading links to their sites it can easily become a bit overwhelming with so many to choose from. I find that first impressions make a huge difference, if I immediately like the look of a blog I will continue to have a little peruse. The essentials for me are: large images/photos, a clear layout, & posts that I've not seen before (reviews of different products, beautiful images etc.) I'm also a bit of a stickler for well written/well punctuated posts. I'm not saying that my posts are perfect or that everyone needs to write in a certain way but I much prefer to read things that have obviously had some time & effort put in to them.

These are some of the little beauties that I've found recently :)

In no particular order...

Live.Love.Random. I was instantly grabbed by Eeka's bright images and beautiful layout.


 Rebecca's 3 Rs. I found Rebecca's review of Colour B4 colour remover really thorough & helpful.

Charlottes Web. I love the simple yet chic design of Charlotte's blog, plus the beautiful large images.

Peach Closet. Similarly, Rachel's really simple layout design attracted me to her blog (along with the super cute photo at the top of her post :))

Rave or Rant. I like Natalie's no nonsense approach on her blog. Her reviews show the pros & cons of every item & give an overall impression of the product. Plus she has reviewed products that I've not seen on other blogs before.

a little bit of everything. Sukie's blog has beautiful photos which immediately made me want to read on, I especially liked her July favourites as they were all the kind of products I would use.

Glitter Tips. Wow, this girl knows her nails! The galaxy nails (below) blew my mind, they just look so so good! I will definitely be an avid follower. It's nice to find a blog where someone's really showing off a talent and not just trying to be like every other blogger.

And last but not least Julie's Sweets Are My Weakness. Technically not a bloghop find but worth a look nonetheless, I ended up talking to Julie through the Sunday night #bbloggers chat on twitter and instantly liked her and her blog's style :)

What are your thoughts on bloghops? Do you think it's a good way for the blogging community to interact?

Don't forget to follow me on GFC :)

MYSTRINGALING X

22 comments:

  1. I never used to participate in blog hops.....but now i think its a great way of discovering new blogs and getting new traffic to your own!!
    Found you via the BBU blog hop....followed ;)
    http://toxylicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it can be really hard to generate traffic to your blog, and even harder to then get people to follow so I've been really impressed by the bloghop :)

      I'm now following you on GFC, your post about duck feet nails made me laugh, I'm glad you thought they were hideous too! The ones on the toes made me feel funny haha :)

      Delete
  2. Aww thanks so much lovely. Glad you found the review helpful, I was worried it was too long!
    I'm loving the blog hops too, lots of fab blogs to follow.
    Such a great idea for a post. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was long but in a good way, I think with something like that you need to be thorough with your review :)

      I'm loving the bloghops at the moment X

      Delete
  3. Aww this is such a compliment! Thank you for the mention lovely, this shows the blog hops really do work :):)

    www.charlottesweb-photography.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello gorgeous!! Thank you so much for featuring my blog, I really appreciate it! <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all, I really liked your blog :) XX

      Delete
  5. Awww thank you for featuring my blog! I followed you and am so excited about future posts!

    ps. I am OBSESSED with your background :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks :) looking forward to your next review! XX

      Delete
  6. thank you so so much I am realllyyy greatful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow thank you so much! I'm really glad you like my blog, such a huge compliment x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem :) As I said, your galaxy nails were incredible! XX

      Delete
  8. this is a fab post i love it when bloggers help each other out and show different logs they like :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think bloghops are such a good idea, it's given me so many new blogs to keep an eye on :) XX

      Delete
  9. Aww, thanks for mentioning me! I really appreciate it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey again I just wanted to let you know I made a post thanking you :)
    http://peachcloset.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/featured-o.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, thank you very much :) XX

      Delete
  11. I found your blog via the BBU Blog Hop and I think it's really cool! :) This was a fun post. I love all of these blogs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just had a look at your blog, your dog is incredible :D now following you too XX

      Delete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...