20 August, 2012

August Favourites

This month's favourites are once again all beauty products, some high-end, some lower-end/budget (who doesn't love a bargain?!)


01. Love Hearts x MUA 'Sweet Kiss' lip balm, £2.


What MUA say: MUA have collaborated with Love Hearts to bring the sweetest lip balm collection in gorgeous collectable pots. With a moisturising formula and a hint of colour these balms are a must have.'

Why it made the favourites list: This is definitely more of a gloss than a balm, don't be fooled! However, it's a really gorgeous colour, very subtle + for £2 you can't go wrong :)

02. MAC lipstick in 'Blankety', £14.


What MAC say: 'Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made MAC famous.'

Why it made the favourites list: I am not a lipstick person, I'm constantly worried that it's on my teeth & I prefer having a subtle/nudey lip colour, HOWEVER, this lipstick is incredible! It's the exact same shade as my natural lip colour so it looks really natural, plus the texture is really smooth and comfortable. I've definitely been converted!

03. Skin Wisdom 'Skin Essentials' night cream, £2.50.


What Skin Wisdom say: 'Nourishing, non-greasy Night Cream easily absorbs and is suitable for all skin types. Wake up to radiant skin, as fruit acids help to renew the skin's surface and a moisturising complex helps replace moisture lost during the day.'

Why it made the favourites list: I'd not used Skin Wisdom before but for the price I thought I'd give it a go & I was very pleasantly surprised. Really nice texture, not too greasy and left my skin really smooth and soft.

04. Skin Wisdom 'Skin Essentials' light 24 hour moisturiser, £2.50.


What Skin Wisdom say: 'Light non-greasy moisturiser suitable for all skin types and helps provide 24 hours of moisturisation. Containing mineral enriched spring water and comforting chamomile, it absorbs easily into the skin.'

Why it made the favourites list: This is a really nice light moisturiser. It wasn't at all greasy and left my skin feeling lovely :)

05. NARS Sheer Glow foundation in 'Santa Fe', £29.50.



What NARS say: 'A glowing, satin-finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage that immaculately evens skin tone. Replete with skincare benefits and the NARS Complexion Brightening Formula, it leaves skin hydrated, more luminous, softer and smoother. Used daily, Sheer Glow Foundation improves skin's brightness and texture.'

Why it made the favourites list: I love this foundation! It's beautiful and light, completely non-cakey and a little really does go a long way. It doesn't settle into creases either, specifically around my nose. The cherry on the top (for me anyway) is the fact that this foundation doesn't contain any SPF (yaaaay no more ghost face!!)

Have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments below :)

MYSTRINGALING X

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Deb, and I found your blog through BBU Blog Hop. I'm following, and would love if you checked out my blog and followed back. Beauty-ninja.blogspot.com. Thanks bunches! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, now following you back :)

      Delete
  2. Oohhh, I want to try the MAC lipstick and Nars foundation. xx

    Julie

    http://sweetsaremyweakness@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do! You won't be disappointed :) I bought the foundation from ASOS so if you have an NUS card (or know someone who does) you can get 10% off :D

      XX

      Delete
  3. I love MAC lipsticks! I haven't tried any Nars products before, I love their product packaging!
    You have a lovely blog, I found you through BLT Blog Hop :)


    Natasha Carly x
    http://prettylittlelives.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NARS have some incredible stuff, especially their blushers & bronzers :)

      Thank you for the lovely comment XX

      Delete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...