21 May, 2012

April/May Favourites

A lot of bloggers do a 'favourites' post, and I've been lucky enough recently to purchase a few cracking things so I thought why not include them altogether in a post? There's a mixture of make-up, haircare, clothes, shoes, and accessories. Let me know if you like it & I'll do another 'favourites' next month :)



01. The cutest phone case I think I've ever seen, £3.99 + free P&P from eBay.


This little cutie has been on my phone for about a week now & I love him :D

02. THE Disco Pants, RRP £70 from American Apparel.

The AA Disco Pants have certainly been doing the rounds in the blogosphere recently & I'm going to be another who raves about them. What I cannot rave about, unfortunately, is AA's customer service. After placing the order I waited over a week for it to arrive, only to then need a size exchange. After almost another whole week I'd heard nothing from them so was forced to e-mail them & see what was going down in AA town. After being promised a replacement size I still heard/received nothing, meaning I had to call them AGAIN & see what was happening. All the people I spoke to were polite & helpful but this didn't help the fact that the overall service was extremely poor for the amount of money I spent with them :( However, every cloud & all that, if you're interested in purchasing some sexay Disco Pants you can get 15% off by signing up to their newsletter :) + the pants themselves are incredible. The End.

03. Amaaazing Lazy Oaf x Underground Minnie Creepers, £90 from Lazy Oaf.


I've had my eye on a pair of creepers for a while but haven't been brave enough to take the plunge, HOWEVER, these limited edition babies were too cute to not snap up. As I said they're limited edition (& currently sold out) but there should be some more in stock soon (so I'm told). I looove them :D

04. Dove 'Intense Repair Conditioner, £3.40 ish from Boots, Superdrug & such like.

I have really long, & fairly overworked, hair so this conditioner is an absolute Godsend! It's like a proper hair treatment without the faff of having to wait for it to do its thing. It left my hair incredibly silky and smooth until the next wash & is only £3 ish a pop, what more could a girl want?

05. Clarins 'Ever Matte' foundation, £24 from Clarins, Boots, anywhere there's a Clarins counter.



Like most women, & as I've previously mentioned on here, I'm always searching for 'the one' when it comes to foundation. I've recently been using Estee Lauder 'Double Wear' which is incredible, it does not come off at all! However, I had a sample of this in April's edition of Elle & loving a good sample, like I do, I gave it a go. The formula is much lighter, less sticky & more pleasant in general than the Estee Lauder. It also smells incredible, kind of fruity almost. The coverage is very good, and the colour match is much better than my Estee Lauder. The only thing it lacks is real staying power, it is very good, but when it comes to non-budging foundations I'm not sure Estee Lauder can be beaten. I'm currently using what's left of my 'Double Wear' on my nose & then using the Clarins for the rest of my face which seems to be the perfect combo. Plus, the Clarins is £2 ish cheaper than the Estee Lauder so it's ever so slightly kinder to your purse :)

Have you tried any of these products? Or do you have any thoughts on my favourites for April and May? If so, let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear what you think too :)

MYSTRINGALING X

P.S. HUUUGE thank you to my friend Matthew for putting the collective photo together for me, I promise I'll learn how to do it myself for the next one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...