28 March, 2012

If there's one book you must read... Week #7

Book #7 'The historical one' -- The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett



In honour of my imminent trip to Italy, this week's book is chosen by the Ital, Simone :)

What Simone says: 'I really liked The Pillars of the Earth because it's an historical adventure set in England. I love England and stories set in the Middle Ages.'

Amazon blurb: 'A story of passion and idealism, which describes a group of men and women in the Middle Ages whose destinies are fatefully linked with the building of a cathedral. In a country torn by civil war, two generations struggle to rise above their primitive circumstances and create something beautiful.'

There was also a TV adaptation of this book which I saw whilst in Germany. It was really good, not usually being something I'd choose to watch, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Compelling story, good characters + a cameo appearance by Ken himself! :D




Have you read this or any of Follett's other novels? What did you think? Let me know your 'must read' book on twitter :)

MYSTRINGALING X

Buy the book or the DVD from Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...