18 February, 2012

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

I've recently discovered The Civil Wars and I cannot get enough of them. My guilty pleasure is a bit of country (you can't beat a bit of Dolly ;)) and The Civil Wars have the most beautiful harmonies nom nom nom! Anyway! I heard their cover of 'You Are My Sunshine' on youtube and thought it was stunning. I've known the song, like most people, since I was tiny but, like many others I'm sure, I didn't realise how sad and dark the rest of the lyrics are. For those of you unaware I'll post them under the video, check it out, buy their album, tell me what you think :)


You are my sunshine, my only sunshine 
You make me happy when skies are grey.
You'll never know dear how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away.

The other night dear, as I lay sleeping
I dreamt I held you in my arms.
When I awoke dear, I was mistaken
So I hung my head and cried.

I'll always love you and make you happy
If you could only say the same.
If you leave me and love another
You'll regret it all someday.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey.
You'll never know dear how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away.


In all my dreams dear, you seem to leave me
When I awake my poor heart aches.
So when you come back and make me happy
I'll forgive and take all the blame.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey.
You'll never know dear how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away.

MYSTRINGALING X


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...