09 February, 2012

Bring Me Your Love

So, I keep finding myself being lured into Superdrug. I think it's the amazing deals they have on different cosmetic brands at the moment. I went in the other day to see which MUA products they had in store (the 'Heaven & Earth palette I spoke about here is, as predicted, a-ma-ziiing! I love it! the colours are brilliant but there's been a million and one reviews of the palette so I won't bore you with my own. Long story short for £4 you'd be silly to not treat yourself to one) After that aside, I went there to just browse but I'm sure I'm not the only one who goes to browse and comes away with lots of goodies? :)
I picked up:
x2 Collection 2000 'Lock 'n' Hold' lipglosses, in 'Body Pop' and 'Rock Steady'. They are advertised as lasting for up to 6 hours, but when wearing them I certainly needed to reapply a lot more often than that, however, they are lovely shades and for £4.99 for 2 they're good value for money too :)

'Rock Steady 3' and 'Body Pop 1'

My second cheeky purchase was x2 Barry M 'Lip Paints', in '52' and '53'. Surprisingly, the shades are very different (am I the only one that expects the numerical order of the shades to reflect their subtle changes in colour? non?) Shade 52 is a bright, shocking pink. It's very matte so make sure your lips are well moisturised before applying! Shade 53 is a much subtler, shimmery peach colour and would be lovely for a day lip colour, as well as a night time colour :) All Barry M lip colours are x2 for £7.99 in Superdrug at the moment so I thought it was a perfect opportunity to get a couple while they're a bit cheaper.

'52' and '53'
Thirdly, and perhaps the most exciting of all :D ... this month's Glamour magazine is packed with some really good samples. I'm constantly on the look out for a new foundation, even when I've found a good one I always think there must be a better one! I've been considering venturing into the world of Chanel or Illamasqua foundations for a little while but I'm not a big fan of going into department stores and sitting under artificial light, trying to find the right shade, whilst the rest of the public see me with a naked face. I currently use Laura Mercier's Silk Creme foundation but recently I've found it to not wear too well, despite also using their primer. So to my surprise and excitement, this month in Glamour there was a sample of Chanel's Perfection Lumière.



What Chanel says: 'Perfection has never been so simple. Perfection Lumière controls every detail of a perfect complexion to offer a tailor-made result, [...] Its light, fluid texture glides on seamlessly with adjustable yet lightweight coverage for perfect results.'

Personally, I found the foundation to be a bit dry which made application a little difficult. The sample I had was fairly small and in a tiny little sachet, which could have led to poor consistency. On the whole I was fairly disappointed, however, every cloud has a silver lining.

Also with this month's Glamour was a sample of Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation.


What Rimmel says: 'Our first foundation that visibly reawakens and illuminates skin with a radiant glow and a flawless, natural-looking finish. Instant anti-fatigue effect, with peptides and a Vitamin Moisturising Complex.'

I'd never purchased Rimmel foundation before so I wasn't sure what to expect, if I'm completely honest I didn't expect much, HOWEVER, it was amazing! Application was really easy, it glided onto my skin easily and gave a really good coverage. I'm not sure if the 'illuminating' part will be due to the SPF 15 (anyone who has seen posts about SPF foundations previously will be aware of the 'ghost face') however, with it being winter and my skin being fairly pale as it is it's all gravy. + at the moment it's only £5.99 (RRP £8.99) in Superdrug so it's a bargain!

MYSTRINGALING X

P.S. I will start providing the details of the song names/lyrics I tend to use for my post titles. 
Today: City and Colour 'As Much As I Ever Could'

Also, what are people's thoughts on Instagram photos in posts? I know they don't show colours very well (at all!) but I think they're really charming, and I have included links to the products so that the true colours can be seen better there. Is this enough, or should I ditch Instagram for proper, better quality, photos? Answers on a postcard please :) X


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I read every single one & always make time to reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...